Former New York governor, Andrew Cuomo is off the hook over allegations he groped a government worker shortly before the sexual harassment scandal that forced him from office erupted last year.
Albany City Judge Holly Trexler on Friday dismissed a misdemeanor charge of forcible touching against Cuomo during a brief court hearing in which he briefly appeared via video, seated next to one of his lawyers and wearing a black mask, a suit and a tie.
Cuomo did not speak during the pro-forma hearing, which lasted a little more than six minutes.
Trexler’s move came after Albany County District Attorney David Soares announced Tuesday that he would not prosecute Cuomo for allegedly grabbing the left breast of then-aide Brittany Commisso, 33, on Dec. 7, 2020.
The incident allegedly took place inside Albany’s Executive Mansion, the official residence of New York’s governor.
Cuomo, 64, was charged in October based on a complaint filed by Albany County Sheriff Craig Apple amid an investigation by Soares’ office.
In a statement Tuesday, Soares said, “While we found the complainant in this case cooperative and credible, after review of all the available evidence we have concluded that we cannot meet our burden at trial.”
Prior to Soares’ announcement, Cuomo was expected to be arraigned on the charge, which carries a sentence of one year in jail.
The dismissal of the case means he won’t have to be fingerprinted and have his mugshot taken, a law enforcement source told The Post.